I really like to bake for the holidays! Aren’t these Red Velvet Mini Cheesecakes so cute for Valentine’s day? They are pretty easy to make too and would be the perfect to make with your kiddos for a fun Valentine themed dinner.
Red Velvet Mini Cheesecakes Recipe (adapted from Six Sister’s stuff)
- 20 Oreo cookies, filling removed
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 1/2 bricks cream cheese. Easiest if at room temperature.
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Red food coloring – 2 Tbs
- 2 eggs
To Make Red Velvet Mini Cheesecakes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove filling from Oreos. We found it was easiest to use a butter knife to scrape the frosting off.
- Place 20 Oreo cookies into a ziplock bag and smash them up.
- Add melted butter to a bowl.
- Add smashed Oreos to the bowl and mix together.
- Place tin foil muffin cups into muffin tin.
- Add about a tablespoon and a half of the Oreo mixture into the bottom of each tin. Smash it down with your fingers.
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes.
- In a different bowl add cream cheese and mix.
- Add cocoa powder and mix.
- Next, mix in vanilla and food coloring.
- Then add your eggs, 1 at a time.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin. Only fill the cups 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 23 to 25 minutes, then turn off the oven, but leave the cheesecakes in for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove and let cool on the counter
- Once cooled remove the foil and add whip cream to the top.
My son and I made this and we had so much fun. I would suggest going easy on the food coloring as it can make the batter taste bad.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
After all who doesn't love a FREE E-Course!!