I love french fries. Mmmm. Honestly, I don't think I've met one I didn't like. But these Parmesan cheese french fries really win the prize for ultimate deliciousness. Yes, I did just use deliciousness. The flour and Parmesan add the perfect amount of crunch to a fry! See? I bet you're already sitting there salivating at your screen.
To avoid costly eating out for this satiable craving in your life, why not try making them at home? Anything to help save on the food budget is a total win in my book.
They go great with my broccoli salad too. Recipe here
Making Parmesan Cheese French Fries
(See the full recipe listed below.)
We have used normal Idaho spuds for this recipe, but red or yellow potatoes could also be a good option if you want to change it up. When making fries at home, I do recommend cutting them into thin strips, as they will cook better.
Soaking your potatoes in water will help make them more crispy. After they soak, pat the excess water off. Don't get them too dry; the flour and Parmesan need to stick to the water.
Shake the fries in the cheese and flour mixture and then place them on a tin foiled tray.
Here is what they should look like after they are cooked. If they are not crispy, you can broil them for a minute or two for extra crunch.
Now it is time to ENJOY these parmesan cheese french fries. We love adding a little fry sauce to dip!
Parmesan Cheese French Fries
- 5 Potatoes
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Peel the potatoes and cut into long thin strips.
- Soak them in water for 30 minutes.
- While the potatoes are soaking make the Parmesan and flour mixture in a bowl with a lid.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover a cookie sheet with tin foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- After 30 minutes, pat the potatoes dry and place them into the flour Parmesan mixture, place the lid on tight and shake the potatoes until they are all covered.
- Now place them on the baking pan and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, broil the fries for 1 minute.
- You can also cook these in an air fryer for 20 minutes on 400 degrees.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
Leave a Reply