An easy toffee apple dip to take to all your parties. This sweet dip is so good, everyone will be asking you for the recipe.
If you're looking for a delightful treat, nothing beats a classic apple toffee dip. But this isn't your average sweet concoction. It's an easy-to-make, creamy delight that will satisfy all of your cravings. This simple recipe will turn your ordinary apples into a huge hit everyone will enjoy. A toffee dip makes the perfect snack or dessert to share with your friends and family. And the best part? No baking required.
If you have ever been to Blue Lemon and ordered their apples and toffee dip, you know how addicting this apple dip recipe can be. So good in fact, that I had to find a copycat recipe that I could replicate at home in my kitchen for entertaining.
Luckily, my sister-in-law brought a creamy dip to a family party that tasted identical to the Blue Lemon recipe. This immediate crowd pleaser is too good not to share.
Why You Will Love This Easy Recipe
- The perfect dip for holiday parties or family events
- Universal - use it as an appetizer or as a dessert
- Easy to add variation
- No cooking
- Quick prep time
Ingredients for Toffee Apple Dip
This cream cheese apple dip requires simple ingredients, so hopefully you won't have to invest in too many new baking supplies. See recipe below for quantities.
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Brown sugar (I like light, but dark will just give your dip a deeper color)
- Vanilla extract (imitation not preferred, make your own extract here)
- Heath toffee bits
- Hand mixer - you can also use a large spoon to mix, but a hand mixer will definitely speed up the process and ensure the cream cheese is smooth.
- Large spoon or spatula
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Small airtight container or a mixing bowl with a layer of plastic wrap
How to Make Toffee Apple Dip
1. Prepare Cream Cheese
First, take out your cream cheese about 10-15 minutes before assembly. For best results, I find it easiest to set out the cream cheese at room temperature to soften a bit before mixing. When the cream cheese is slightly softened, place it in a mixing bowl.
2. Mix Ingredients
Add powdered sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract to the mixing bowl with the softened cream cheese. Using a hand mixer, work to blend the cream cheese mixture together until smooth and the sugars are dissolved. Make sure to get out as many lumps as possible for a creamy toffee apple dip.
3. Add Heath English Toffee Bits
Next, add the crunchy toffee bits into the cream cheese mixture. Use a spoon to stir the pieces into the sweet toffee apple dip. The cream cheese toffee apple dip is ready when your toffee bits are all mixed in throughout.
Tip: You can make this dip ahead of time and store it in the fridge for later use. Also, if you prefer your fruit dips to be less crunchy, store this dip overnight in the fridge.
Variations for Toffee Apple Dip
- Healthier option - for a healthier version of this dip, you can try substituting regular cream cheese for reduced-fat cream cheese, as well as cutting back a little bit on the sugar amounts or using a different sweetener
- Add a hint of cinnamon spice or nutmeg
- Swap out toppings -change toffee bits for chocolate chips, white chocolate, chopped nuts or another favorite candy bar
- Add caramel sauce or chocolate sauce to cream cheese mixture
- Change out fresh apple slices for Nilla wafers, graham crackers or another fresh fruit
What to Do With Toffee Dip Leftovers
When we have a family gathering, this delicious treat disappears by the end of the night. But if you are lucky enough to have some left to snack on later, you can store leftovers in a lidded container in the fridge for at least a few days.
I haven't tried freezing it because dairy products usually ends up with a wonky texture after time in the freezer. But if you do try freezing it, make sure to return and report your results!
- Presentation - Serve this appetizer on an adorable serving platter or a charcuterie board with a small bowl for the dip. After all, it's all about presentation!
- Pair with tart apples - I like to serve these with Granny Smith apples to add a little taste of tart to the sweetness of the cream cheese dip. This balances out the flavors really well if you can choose fresh apples that aren't too sweet.
- Feeds more - This recipe is written to serve 4 people, but in my experience it can definitely serve more depending on how much dip people use for their apples. Also consider how many other food dishes you have too!
- Customizable dip - Turn it into an apple dip charcuterie with toppings on the side for guests to choose how to make their dip! Simply follow the recipe up until you add the toffee bits.
Easy Recipes for Entertaining
If you love recipes using delicious apples, try my amazing chocolate caramel apples that are super easy!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Toffee Apple Dip
- 1 Hand Mixer - You can also mix by hand using a large spoon, but it will be hard to get a smooth texture without the use of beaters.
- 1 Block Cream Cheese - Use a full 8 oz. block
- ¼ Cup Powdered Sugar
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar - light color
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- ½ Cup Toffee Chips - use more or less depending on preference
- Leave cream cheese at room temperature to soften for 10-15 minutes before mixing ingredients.
- Combine cream cheese, sugars and vanilla together in a bowl. Use a hand mixer to mix ingredients together until all sugars are dissolved and the texture is smooth.
- Fold in toffee bits to the cream cheese mixture, using a spoon or spatula. For a less crunchy dip, refrigerate your dip overnight.
- You can use a reduced-fat cream cheese to cut back on calories.
- Swap out toffee bits for another topping: nuts, chocolate chips, candy bar pieces, caramel or chocolate, or add in a spice like cinnamon.
- Try turning it into a charcuterie board with toppings for the dip. Simply follow the fruit dip instructions up until you add the toffee bits. Then allow guests to customize their own apple dip.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Will last at least a few days.
Toffee apple dip is an easy and delicious snack to satisfy any sweet tooth. The caramel-like flavor compliments apples perfectly. Plus, this dip is incredibly versatile and can be served with a variety of fruits and snacks. If you’re looking for a way to change up your palette, toffee apple dip is definitely worth a try. Enjoy!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.