Zucchini season is in full swing over here! I don't usually like chocolate flavored things, but my sister-in-law insisted I try her chocolate zucchini bread. I am so glad she convinced me because it is DELICIOUS!!!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Beat eggs until smooth and lemon colored. I used my updated KitchenAid, but you could also use hand beaters.
- Beat in sugars and oil.
- Melt chocolate in a separate pan or container and cool slightly.
- Add zucchini and flavorings to egg mixture.
- Add chocolate.
- Sift dry ingredients and stir into zucchini mixture.
- Pour into 2 well greased loaf pans. Fill them about half way full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
Leave a Reply