One of my favorite parts of decorating is incorporating plants. I used to buy real plants… but life gets busy and I started to neglect them. So I have been on the hunt for some good, real looking faux plants, the kind that requires a second glance. Well, I am happy to say I finally found some and they are on Amazon. Here are some tips on how to decorate with faux plants.
Shop my favorite plants here: (affiliate links)
How to Decorate with Faux Plants
- They add texture to decor– since plants have different textures and colors it is fun to mix and match, but yet they all still go together. So in this centerpiece I used succulents, moss, silver dollar branches and lambs ears.
- Succulents are one of my favorite faux flowers to add because they look real and their textures are so different. I especially love how they are spilling out of the creamer dish.
Succulents are also great to fill in little areas all while adding shades of greens and texture.
- Adding Color- You can see how all the plants vary slightly, but yet work so well together. Sometimes to break up the green I like to add in other fun elements such as white dishes, flowers and natural bead garlands.
I also like to add lavender to the mix to bring in a soft purple.
- Faux plants are neutral and can go with any decor style – Decor styles are ALWAYS changing… sometimes faster then we can even keep up. But, if there is one element that I have continued to use it is my faux flowers. See those boxwood balls? I have had those for years and years. I don’t always use them the same way, but they have always been a fun element to throw into the mix.
- Faux plants are great fillers– because they make an area feel full and complete. I use them to fill in on my tiered trays and on my fireplace.
I hope these tips will help you decorate with faux plants!
Shop my kitchen here:
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
After all who doesn't love a FREE E-Course!!