Do you have a Valentine’s Day tradition that you love to do every year? Each Valentine’s Day growing up, my mom would make a red themed dinner and we always loved it. I decided that I wanted to carry on the same tradition with my family too! To begin, I made this easy Valentine’s Day tablescape that you can do too!
This is not the dinner, but I set this table for my kids to find when they get home from school. And yes, I definitely didn’t need all these treats because they already get some at school, but it completes the tablescape with all of the coordinating colors. You could probably also do this with an array of fruit or other fun snacks that are similarly themed in color if you are anti-added sugar.
It looks a lot harder then it is, I promise. I ran to the store this morning and picked all these goodies up!
Valentine’s Day Tablescape (affiliate links)
Here is what you will need if you choose to create a similar sugar-filled fun fest! Also, feel free to breeze on through your seasonal candy aisle and I bet you will find a lovely selection of treats that will appeal to your sweet tooth. Just find what you can in order to match your theme.
- Glass jars
- Red and white candy
- strawberries – (justified all the sugar… somewhat)
- cake stand
- cookies – my mom made these
- a table runner
- and I used a felt garland to fill in
A Few More Tips:
- Feel free to use other snacks that are red or in red packaging.
- Use a variety of different jars and dishes to create height and dimension in your display.
- Layering always creates a gorgeous display… hence, the cookies and donuts!
- It doesn’t have to be all food. You can really do whatever you want to accent such as colored candles, garlands, plants, or dishes.
- Using a table runner or some kind of dinner mat under your items creates more of a focal point and emphasis on the centerpiece.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
After all who doesn't love a FREE E-Course!!