Dress up your dining area with beautiful centerpiece ideas for daily use.
A gorgeous kitchen table centerpiece is a great way to add style to your dining room and kitchen. But having an exquisite dining space is not only for special occasions. Enjoy the center of your table with these kitchen table centerpiece ideas for everyday use.
Kitchen Table Centerpiece Ideas
There are so many great options for creating easy centerpieces with decorative items you may already have. Candle holders, floral arrangements, decorative trays and faux plants are ideal for dining room table centerpieces. Affiliate links below.
Candle holders are a good option for a dining table centerpiece because they are neutral and create an easy focal point. Let's share a few great ideas for different styles of candle holder centerpieces.
A wood candle block is an awesome choice for a simple centerpiece because you can make this yourself. Based on a sugar mold concept, this is ideal for those who love simplicity and gravitate to natural elements. Another perk? You can remove this from your table in one sweep.
Wood Candle Holder Houses
Instead of traditional candle holders, why not try changing up these simple decorations? These wooden candlestick holder houses are some of my favorite kitchen table centerpiece ideas. This is another DIY that you can make yourself using up scrap wood. These are optimal for every day use or seasonal decor.
Single or Multi-Candle Stands
Single or multi-candle stands can be a gorgeous centerpiece that you can fit to whatever home style you prefer. Whether your choice is a neutral table or modern holders, you can find something for all.
Floral Arrangement for Centerpieces
A beautiful flower arrangement on the center of the table is the easiest way to bring bright colors and lovely scent into your kitchen. Grab a favorite vase and fill it with fresh flowers to arrange. If you don't have a vase, mason jars or a milk can are easy substitutes.
If real flowers aren't your preference, try styling faux branches in a vase.
Trays are one of the easiest dining table centerpiece ideas to use for table decor. It helps that a tray can provide somewhat of a framework for the centerpiece decorations. Fill up your tray with different combinations and then simply remove from your table as needed.
For those that are minimalists, bring more elegance to your table by filling a tiered tray with practical items like salt and pepper shakers and napkins, instead of decor.
Decorative trays are also a good choice for a stunning centerpiece. Though you can find decorative trays in all sorts of different sizes and shapes, my favorite is a dough bowl. A dough bowl is the perfect option for a natural, everyday look on a modern farmhouse table.
Dough bowls and other decorative trays are an easy way to incorporate greenery and plants or faux flowers. More tips on that below.
Faux Plants for Centerpiece Ideas
One of my favorite parts of decorating is incorporating plants. Using plants for an eye-catching centerpiece is no exception. I used to purchase real green plants, but when life gets busy it's easy to neglect a potted plant.
Finding faux plants to take center stage on the table without looking fake can be a real challenge, but I have found some favorites. Shop my favorite plants here.
Why Decorate with Faux Plants
- Add Texture - Faux plants have many different textures that are fun to mix and match depending on the style or theme you are trying to achieve. For example, if you prefer more modern decor, you might choose to display a faux grass plant or succulents. In this centerpiece I used succulents, moss, silver dollar branches and lambs ears.
- Add Color - You can see how all plants vary slightly, but yet work so well together. I love using variations of green color palettes, but sometimes to break up the green color scheme I add in different flowers. Lavender plants are a subtle option to use for a mix with their soft purple tones.
- Some other kitchen table centerpiece ideas for adding color may be to utilize non-plant items like small dishes or garlands. I also added in these copper mugs
- Neutrality - Faux plants create a stunning table because of their neutrality. While decor styles are always changing, plants are a constant neutral element that can doesn't go out of style. If there is one element that I have continued to use throughout my years of decorating, it is my faux flowers.
- Great Fillers - Faux plants are an ideal decoration because they are a great neutral option to use as a filler that isn't overwhelming in color or style. When you need something to fill in space, plants make an area feel full and complete. I use them to fill in my tiered trays and on my fireplace.
Favorite Neutral Plants for Centerpiece Ideas
Some of the best centerpieces are based on simplicity. Choose faux plants that you can reuse and that are neutral enough to go with multiple decoration styles.
I have had my faux boxwood balls for several years. I can use them in various ways and they are always a fun element to throw into the decor mix. Use them as fillers or as accessories in a small vase.
These are one of my favorite faux plants to add because they look authentic and their textures are so varying. Succulents are fabulous to use as fill ins. Most come in numerous shades of green or even red for a little color accent.
Succulents are a diverse and can be used in all different styles of decor from traditional to contemporary.
Shop the Post
Creating a fun centerpiece for your dining table or any table is a great DIY project. Candle holders, floral arrangements, decorative trays and faux plants are wonderful options for kitchen table centerpiece ideas. Use these tips for every day decorating or for hosting an occasional dinner.
Seasonal Tablescape Ideas
Are you looking for stylish and easy ways to spruce up your tablescape for the changing seasons? Look no further!
- Valentines Tablescape
- Spring Tablescape
- Easter Tablescape
- Summer time Tablescape
- Fall tablescape
- Christmas Tablescape
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.