I love sugar molds. They have so many functions and look great in home decor. I wanted to create a candle centerpiece with a sugar mold that would hold smaller candles. For a few hours of time and for less than $20, look what I made!
They are super easy! Want to make one too?
- 4 x 6 cut to 30" long
- ¾" drill bit
- Chop Saw
- Dark Walnut Stain
- Chip Brush
- Rag to remove excess stain
- 220 grit sandpaper
- Tape Measure
- 13 candles
View the full tutorial below!
How to Make
- Step one - cut the 4 x 6 down to 30".
- Measure out the hole for your candles. I came in 3" from each end and then measured every 2" for each candle. I wanted my candles offset so I brought each hole in 1 ¼" from each side (I explain this in the video better).
- Drill all the holes around ½" to 1" deep.
- Lightly sand the wood.
- Stain with dark walnut stain - see directions on labels for more information.
- Wipe excess stain off with rag and allow to dry.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.