Knowing how to style faux branches can be hard. There are so many options of faux branches out there.
Don't worry, I will walk you through how I put together each of my branches. Make sure to check out my faux plant guide too
How to Pick out the Right Faux Branches
Picking stems that drape over the vase are very pretty and take up more of a horizontal space. (Shop them here) Straight, stiff stems are great if you need to take up a tall vertical space.
How to Determine the Sizing for Faux Branches
- Tall Stems - If you need a the stems to be tall to take up vertical space get at least 36" tall stems. I would even suggest measuring your space and seeing how much room you have for stems.
- Shorter, bushy stems - for shorter select stems under 36". Wire cutters to cutters can also be used to cut them down, Or you can bend them (I will show you below). You don't want them too big though, size can determine where the leaves start so if you are cutting them down too much they could look funny.
How to Pick a Stem Color
I know that sounds funny because most are green. But the color of green can make a big difference. Do you want a bright green, silvery green, lime green or maybe even yellow or mauve. I use all different colors of greenery through out my house.
It is even fun to switch greenery out for the seasons.
- Winter- dead branches, pine branches
- Spring- faux stems with pink, yellow or white small blooms
- Summer-green stems and flowers.
- Fall-orange, yellow, mauve are fun.
How to Mix and Match Artificial Stems
- All the same - faux branches can be the same for a stream line look.
- Mix and match - try adding a variety of stems to bring in more colors, or even texture. Below I mixed 4 different stems for a fun variety.
How to Add Faux Branches to a Vase
Now that you have your faux branches let's get them in the vase with the easiest hack EVER. (shop stems here)
Find 4 shopping bag and push them down into the bottom of the vase.
Next, cut down or bend your stem to the desired length
Then push it down into the grocery bags. This will help the faux branches to stand up straight and stay in place.
Hope that helps you put together faux branches for any room in your home!