I feel like fun party themes for boys are lacking, especially if you don't want to do something superhero or Sesame Street themed. When my little guy turned 1, we threw a monster party for our little monster's birthday. My daughters nicknamed him the monster baby, because nothing was safe when he was awake! That's probably still true. See my monster-themed party food below to get ideas for your little boy's birthday treats.
Monster Party Birthday Treats
- Monster Cookies - These are easiest to decorate if you do some kind of sugar cookie. While I normally make everything for my parties, we ordered these cookies from the local bakery. They are super cute and would be simple to make yourself.
They did such a great job and came out just how I had in mind!
- Cupcakes - I made the cupcakes, which were super easy. See my tutorial post here.
- Filler Candies - Filler treats like these yummy taffy pieces are a great option for kiddos putting their hands into everything.
- Marshmallow Pops - My cute neighbor made these darling monster marshmallow pops, which are always a hit with the kids! Another good option is to use cake pops. You can decorate them just the same.
- Dipped Monster Pretzels - I dipped these pretzels in colored white chocolate. I bought mine from JoAnn's and if you use a coupon you can get a bag for around $2! JoAnn's also sells the candy eyes and sprinkles! Check your local craft store for their decorating options.
- Themed Smash Cake - And my friend Marcia, from Sweet Cravings, made this cake. Isn't it the cutest little thing you have ever seen? It was his smash cake - he loved picking all the "hair" off!
My awesome Grammy appliquéd this onesie. Isn't it so cute? I bought the pattern from the Appliqué Boutique on Etsy.
Balloons are always a must for birthdays. They add in extra color for themes and little kids love to play with them.
The candy is kind of hidden, but there is also red gum balls and lime green sixlets, both I found at JoAnn's and they have lots of colors.
We love our little monster!
You might also like...
My other parties here:
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
Two PlusCute says
Happy 1st Birthday!
Very stylish party, I love the monsters idea and it is perfectly executed. It is amazing to see the amount of detail on all the edibles!
Kimberly Lewis says
Super cute! I get so excited each week to see what you have been working on because it's always AMAZING! Thank you for sharing this with us. Pinned and tweeted. I hope to see you on Monday at 7 pm, so we can party!!!! Lou Lou Girls