My oldest daughter turned 9 this last week!! It sure is a blessing to have her in our family! I have been wanting to add a happy birthday banner to my shop for awhile. Well, I finally did it and I am glad I did as it was the perfect touch to this party! We decided on a theme of a black, white and gold birthday party. So, I painted the banner black to use it with all of my kids' birthday parties!
Black, White and Gold Birthday
Her party was at night so it was already dark by the time I set everything up. I don't take pictures with artificial light, so I look a picture the next morning with the leftovers... ha ha. However, you can still clearly see the theme and decorations I used! I really love this new Happy Birthday banner, as it allows for multiple uses instead of just throwing away like paper products. You can hang these on your fireplace mantle, or on your wall, or other places in your kitchen like I did!
I found most of the things for her party at Target you can shop my affiliate links below.
A few tips from this party planning mom:
- When I am planning a party I like to decorate with the items we are going to use for the party, rather than purchasing a bunch of random decor. It is a little easier on the bank account.
- Food: I added gold sprinkles to the cupcakes and topped them with black candles. I filled my apothecary jars with black and white gumballs and marshmallows.
- Get paper goods that match: I bought matching cups and plates, including utensils and other server ware.
- Wrap your gifts in theme colored paper: This is something I love to do because then it all looks so coordinated! I wrapped her presents in gold and white to match so they would look cute with the whole set up! Buying solid colored wrapping paper is a great way to do this, but feel free to throw in some patterns if it matches your theme!
- Balloons: You can find balloons in practically every color and they are a great addition that every kid loves. I love the big 9. It takes up lots of space and looks great!
Hopefully this provides you with some fun tips for your next black, white and gold birthday party! And don't forget, our new Happy Birthday banner is available here.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
Leave a Reply