I am sure you have probably figured out by now I love power tools. In fact, I just might be a little bit obsessed with my collection. I am always trying new ones out… and honestly, I haven’t met a tool I didn’t like.
Today I wanted to share with you some basic power tools that you can do just about any project with.
First up – a chop saw or miter saw. These are great tools to have on hand for several reasons:
- The 12 ” blade is helpful for giving you a larger cutting length.
- It has a sliding option that also allows for even longer cuts.
- This saw has a bevel option which allows you to tilt the saw to a 45 degree angle. Handy for cutting large moldings!
- I love the stand for easier cuts and mobility!
This Ryobi that I use is even light enough that I can lift and move it if need be. Shop here
Next up, let me share a few tidbits on drills. Ryobi just came out with a compact brushless line and I am LOVING them. They are much lighter than the old ones, which makes them so easy to use.
If you are looking to get just one drill I would recommend an impact driver. An Impact drivers utilize the same rotational motion that power drills use, but as you’re driving in a screw, impact drivers also mix in a hammering action that not only hammers down, but sideways. This makes drilling so much easier, and I strip less screws. Shop here
Battery-operated brad nailers are a must have as well.
- They are easy to use and portable.
- Because of their compact size and no need for a cord, they are perfect for random jobs around the house.
I used these on my MDF moldings and other minor jobs around the house. I will mention that the nails do not penetrate as deep as an air compressor nail gun, but they get the job done. Shop here
Last, but not least, a sander. I think everyone ends up needing one of these at some point in their lives, especially if you plan on refinishing anything. This Ryobi sander is my favorite!
- This sander is battery-operated which is life changing for me! No need for hauling extension cords around the house!
- Impressive power for battery-operated.
- Easy to use.
- Very portable!
Hopefully this will give you a good starting place. These are the 4 tools I use the most in all of my projects.