Looking for some inexpensive ways to decorate for the holidays? I have just the thing for you! How about this DIY fall sign to complete your Thanksgiving decorations?
You can use these printables to make a sign (instructions below) or simply print them and add them to a frame!
This printable is available in 3 different colors
If you want to make this complete sign then take a look at the instructions below:
What you will need for this project:
- In all things give thanks printable (download above)
- MDF or Wood board
- Mod Podge
- Chip Brush
- Pine for wood frame
- Early American Miniwax Stain
- 220 grit sandpaper
- Nail gun or Rapid Fuse glue
How to make this DIY Fall sign
- Cut your MDF or pine wood down to 8 1/2″ x 8 1/2″.
- Next, apply mod podge to cover the entire front side of the board and carefully place your printable over the top.
- Smooth all of the wrinkles out with your finger and then let it dry. Do not apply mod podge over the top as it will cause the ink to smear.
- Once the mod podge is dry, use your sand paper to sand along the edges and remove the excess paper.
- Then I cut my pine down to strips – 3/4″ by 9 1/4″ long.
- Stain the pine strips with Early American stain by Minwax.
- Once the stain is dry you can either use a finish nailer to attach the frame or use rapid fuse and clamp the frame to the sign until dry.
TADA! And there you have a beautiful and thrifty sign, just in time for the holidays! Wouldn’t this look adorable hanging in your kitchen for Thanksgiving?
Happy DIY-ing friends!