While I realize that talking about a floor vent is not number one on most people’s agendas, I just could not pass this opportunity by without sharing all the details on my new obsession.
If you have followed along with my stories, you know that I was on the hunt for finding the perfect floor vents to go in our house. We’ve always had cheap floor vents in our previous homes and honestly, I didn’t know there was anything better out there. Cheap floor vents can be SO obnoxious because they are always popping off or breaking with slight movement, or getting scuffed up. My ideal floor vent included all of the following:
- Flush with my flooring
- Custom to match my flooring (box stores just do not have the options needed for all of the different types of flooring)
- Easy to install
- Visual appeal
- Reasonably priced
I could not contain my excitement (yes, even over a floor vent!) when I discovered these vents by Aria that met every single requirement on my list. The absolute best part about these vents is that they are super DIY friendly and can be customized for all of the different flooring in your house. As a huge DIY advocate, that is a 100% WIN in my opinion!
Aria has really nailed it with the sleek modern look. They may just be floor vents, but everyone wants to something that is visually appealing even if it’s on your floor. I should also add that you can easily adjust the airflow with these vents. I also really like that they are made in Canada.
How to Install an Aria Vent
See my video for more detailed instruction.
- Pop out the bottom tray inside the vent by pushing the edge over to the side with your finger.
- Measure the tray and cut your chosen flooring to the tray dimensions.
- The trays are fairly deep to allow for various thickness of flooring. My flooring was not as thick as the tray so I placed some extra pieces of wood on the bottom to give needed height inside.
- Lay the cut flooring piece right on top so it’s flush with the metal tray.
- Pop the tray back inside the vent base and you’re good to go!
I used this with my wood flooring as well as my bathroom tile and I just love the look!!
This is an affiliate post, but all of the opinions are my own.