Classic red and white Christmas tree decorations are my go to for Christmas decorating. They are versatile and can be changed up easy.
In previous years we have had a 8 foot tree. (see my green Christmas tree here). Since we moved and my ceilings are higher we decided to go a little bigger.
We bought a white Christmas tree that is 10', which of course means new decor too!! Coming up with the perfect color scheme was the next task.
Red and White Christmas Tree Decoration Ideas
Red and white Christmas decorations brings the classic Christmas feel to our home each year. You can never go wrong with a traditional red for Christmas.
Ribbon - an Inexpensive Way to Add an Impact
Adding ribbon is a great starting point. I like to cut my ribbon down to random lengths between 18" and 36".
On this tree I randomly placed my ribbon. Starting at the top and working my way down, randomly sticking in ribbon. Ribbon helps to fill those weird spaces and adds a fun texture to a tree as well. I always use at least 2 different types of ribbon.
- White faux fur ribbon - I love to use a ribbon with texture. Adding white ribbon to a flocked tree adds a fun winter wonderland effect.
- Red and white buffalo check ribbon - using a red and white ribbon helps to add color all over the tree.
Ornament Ideas for a White Flocked Christmas Tree
Buy different size ornaments. I have 2 different sizes of bells and and 5 different sizes of ornaments. This makes it easier when decorating to group several items together. As I add ornaments I group them together down the tree. This helps to carry your eye through out the whole tree.
- white ornaments - Multiple sizes and textures.
- candy canes - fun to hang over branches
- red ornaments - I like to mix different shades of red
- pine cones - great to fill in gaps
- silver ornaments - I used large bells
- gold ornaments - add a slight glam
Adding Faux Stems for a Beautiful Christmas Tree
After the ribbon is on and the ornaments are place I add my faux stems. Mix and match textures with stems adds a personal touch to this beautiful tree.
For example, I have glittered poinsettias and faux fur poinsettias. I also have several different kinds of berries stems. Some have glitter on them, some have green leaves and some are mixed with branches.
Adding stems brings a natural elements to a holiday tree. I have listed all stems I used below with quantities.
Creating the Perfect Christmas Tree Toppers
Now for the finishing touch. To create this Christmas tree topper spray I used 20 different stems. I have white stems, flocked stems and several different types of red berries. Don't be afraid to mix and match. A trick to creating a cohesive tree topper is to spread out like branches across the top of the tree. This helps your eye to go from one side to the other.
Red Christmas Tree Decorations with Quantities
- 12 - 24" Ice Crabapple branch
- 10 - 32" Red Snow Berry Spray
- 10 -28" Frosted Velvet Poinsettia
- 10 - 24" White Faux Fur Velvet Poinsettia Stem
- 10 - 28" Frosted Flocked Cedar Spray w/ Cones
- 10- 32" Pod Leaf Frosted Spray
- 9 - 6" glittered 2 Tone Net Ball Ornament - Red/White
- 7- 28" Iced Snow Balsam Berry Spray
- 7- 36" White Pinecone Branch Spray
- 7- 34" Frosted Twig loops Spray
- 7- 40" Iced Berry Sparkle Spray
- 7- 28" Frosted Flocked Cedar Spray with Cones
- 5- 5" Frosted vine ball Christmas Ornament
- 5- 22' Snow Iced Poinsettia stem - red
- 3 - Large Tin Jingle Bell
- 3 - Medium Tin Jingle Bell
- 3 - 4" x 10 yard Fur Metallic Christmas Ribbon
- 3- 4"x10 yard red and white ribbon
- 3 - 10 cm Mercury ball ornaments - set of 4
Decorating around a Red and White Christmas Tree
I love how the red and white traditional Christmas colors look on this tree. To finish off the space I pulled out my favorite decor.
- Large Sign - This red sign makes a great impact and pulls the red out of the tree.
- Faux garland- This real touch faux garland added a touch of green to the space
- Stockings - Mixing and matching stockings brings in different textures as well as colors
- Stocking hanger - I like to use weighted low profile hangers.
- Garlands -To bring the mantel together I added a red beaded garland and a mercury glass ornament garland. I also added shorter garlands to the coffee table
- Pillows and throws - Throw pillows are a great way to bring in a punch of color.
Now we have a beautiful space for the whole family to gather on Christmas morning.
I hope these Christmas tree decorating ideas help you decor your own tree. Make sure to checkout these other Christmas tree decorating ideas below.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.