I love to change things out for the seasons. But that an be very costly and sometimes A LOT of work. So instead of going all out I decided to create come easy in expensive DIY felt garlands for spring and easter.
DIY Felt Garlands for Spring
- Felt sheets – white, pink, peach and green
- Hot glue gun
- 4cm felt balls
- 2cm felt balls
- cut 8 circles the size of a quarter
- cut in to the center on one side
- place a stripe of hot glue
- fold top piece over the hot glue and let cool
- cut a square a little bigger than your circles
- begin hot gluing the circles to the square
- continue gluing petals in a circle and layering them as you go.
- Once everything is glued add a pearl to the center.
Felt Bunny Garland
- Order 4cm felt balls (get them here)
- Cut out of felt white ears and the pink a little smaller for the inside. Also cut out a small circle for the nose.
- hot glue the white ear on first and let cool. Then add the pink to the front and let cool. Next add the nose.
- pull out your string and thread your needle. Make sure the needle eye is big enough for your string to fit through.
- Thread you felt bunnies and balls on to the string making sure your needle goes through the center of the ball.
- Continue until all your felt balls have been threaded.
Since the flowers and bunnies are heavier this garland needs to be up against a wall so they can rest on the wall. Otherwise they want to flip upside down.
I love how they look together, a great mix for Easter and spring!
You can view my chicken wire frame tutorial here
After all who doesn't love a FREE E-Course!!