Desk organization that is stylish, but also combats the messes.
When your office space is open to the main floor like ours, it's an essential area to keep clean and organized. There is nothing more annoying than trying to work in a space of chaos. Classy minimalist desk organization is the easiest way to help you achieve a workspace clutter-free and functional.
Minimalist Desk Organization Ideas
Use office organization that works best for your work environment and style of living. If you work from home, a minimalist design can help you function at your best and be productive without distractions. And best to mention, most people thrive in an environment that is clean and orderly.
Stylish Focal Point
Create a minimalist home office by starting with a stylish and simple focal point. This beautiful desk space is the perfect focal point for this room. The desk is situated in the middle of the office with enough space on both sides of the desk to still move about.
Get Rid of the Visual Clutter
The best desk setup is one where you keep only the essential items out on display. It's always a good idea to have easy access to these office items. However, messy desks are very unappealing contrary to a clean desk. Eliminate anything you don't need on your desk surface by packing it up and storing in drawer organizers, cabinets or throwing it away.
Organizers and Storage
This desk did not come with a desk drawer or cabinet storage so a little creativity was required. Luckily, it also works to our advantage in achieving a minimalist desk set up.
Find organizing accessories that are ideal for a small space. I found acrylic and gold accessories to create beautiful and functional storage areas.
- Laptop Stand with Storage - I use a laptop and a large monitor for working on the computer. To help organize the work area for these items I found a laptop stand with a storage compartment underneath. The storage space is ideal for putting a stack of papers.
- File Folders Organizer - Some type of desk organizer is always needed for important papers, binders or folders. I love this gold one for holding additional notebooks for all of my ideas.
- Pencil Holders - When you don't have drawer dividers, small storage options to store items is necessary. These cute containers are perfect for storing small office supplies like my pens.
- Sticky Notes Holder - And I couldn't go without having a spot for my translucent sticky notes. These are the best for my daily to-do list.
- Mouse Pad - And last I needed a mouse pad that would fit in with the design style yet also use up minimal work space. This gold mouse pad fit the bill.
It is so much easier to work in a space with an organized desk where everything has a place.
Hide the Cords
Create minimalist desk organization by hiding your electrical cords. It's a simple trick, but a useful one because cord storage is important. After all, how many times have you tripped over cords or thought a desk area looked hideous with all of the cords in a mess on the floor?
I use command strips to attach the power strip to the bottom of the desk since that item is a little bit heavier. Cord bundlers help to gather all of the cords into smaller bundles. And cable clips are a great way for holding the cords in place.
Cluttered desk area no more! It's amazing how a few storage tricks can help to clean up a small office area.
Shop This Post
The perfect size for my favorite translucent sticky notes!
Shop these cute gold pens here.
I love this adorable pen holder with gold accents.
I really love this paper filer over the mesh ones.
Talk about a sleek and modern mouse pad. What a fun accent!
Another modern accessory for holding books, papers and notebooks.
These are my absolute must haves for hiding my cords and other desk accessories!
Genius cable clips for hanging up all the obnoxious cords.
Modern power strip with a flexible cord.
Reusable velcro cord bundlers.
Mountable velcro cable sleeve.
My all time favorite sticky notes.
4-in-1 Memory card reader.
Try out any of these classy minimalist desk organization ideas to improve the functionality of your office space.
These desk organizers for a wall have been awesome in my daughters room. More details here
You can also get your other rooms organized. Add storage to your window seat for additional space to store bedroom items.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.