Throw pillows are a favorite of mine when it comes to decor. I love that they can be used in a variety of ways, for interior and exterior decoration. And the style options are endless which make them a great choice for those of us who can’t quite decide on a permanent theme, or even for those of us who need a little extra help in the decorating department.
Tips for Using Throw Pillows in Decor
- Seasonal decorating – I get bored of my decor fast, changing it out for the seasons or holidays. This causes a storage problem and it can become very expensive with so many knick knacks. Throw pillows help to solve that problem- the covers take up significantly LESS space and are much easier to store. Plus, they don’t break in storage.
- Just buy slipcovers – Once I have a set of pillows I love, I only buy slipcovers. Then, when I want to change things up all I have to do is switch out the cover. (view these slipcovers here)
- Buy good quality pillow forms – Although you might be tempted to grab that pillow that costs $10 less, buy the nicer quality! They will last longer and achieve the look you want. I decided to buy nicer pillow forms so they could stand on their own. I add a karate chop to the top and voila, hotel-style pillows! ( favorite pillow forms here)
- Use them in places other than couches – Throw pillows don’t have to just be on furniture. I love to stick them in baskets too. Other options may be placing them on a bench or propping up on your fireplace. (favorite home storage items here)
- Change your room theme – You can also change the entire look of a room just by switching out pillows. This is the same room, all I did was roll up the colorful rug and change out the pillows. No need to paint or change any big furniture items.
Here is the room before, with different colors and pillows.
Shop my post here:
Shop my Post:
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
After all who doesn't love a FREE E-Course!!