Stress cracks are no fun and quite frankly an eye sore. We have one in our house that was driving us crazy. We first had my dad look at it, who is a general contractor. To make sure there was nothing wrong structurally. Turns out it is just an ugly crack. I had tried to fix it with spackle, caulk and anything else I could think of. Nothing was working, UNTIL....
Stress Crack Tape
I happened upon stress crack tape on Amazon and thought "what the heck, I might as well try it." Well I am happy to say after 6 months the crack is still concealed by the tape. It is such an easy fix, I had to share it with you.
- Stress crack tape
- Damp cloth
- Paint roller
- Wall color paint
- Ladder - if your crack is up high
How to Use Stress Crack Tape
View my YouTube Video Here
- Wipe down the area with the crack so there is no dust
- Cut the stress crack tape to size
- Apply the tape. I try to make it so the tape is right over the top of the middle of the crack incase it gets a little bigger.
- Use your finger and press the tape to the wall. Make sure it is good and suck to the wall
- Use a roller and your paint color and cover it all up. I give it 2 coats of paint
- That's it! So easy and yet it works!
Look how good the wall looks. If the sun is coming in and hits the tape just right that is the only time I have seen the tape. But you would have to know what you are looking for to find it.
This stress crack is in our keeping room. For more details on our keeping room check out my post here
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.