Who loves the look of grey weathered wood? I sure do! It is such an easy way to antique wood and give it a fun texture.
What you need to create a grey weathered wood look
Watch my YouTube video for all the details and to see how I created this look!
Here are the steps I took:
- Make sure your wood is smooth
- Apply your stain
- Let it dry for about 30 minutes
- Mix up your milk paint - 1 teaspoon milk paint and 2 teaspoon of water
- Paint a thin layer of milk paint over the stain
- Allow to completely dry
- Use 220 grit sandpaper to lightly sand off the milk paint
and TADA you have a beautiful piece of grey weathered wood.
I love to change decor up on my front porch. Our word cutouts make that super easy.
I attached my L monogram to the brick with command strips and I also added my handwritten welcome sign to greet my guest. When I want to change them out all I have to do is pull the command strips off!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.