Update On My Dining Room

Update On My Dining Room

Decorating & Remodel, Furniture, My Home
I can finally say I am so happy with how my dining room has come together.  After 3 different tables I have finally found the perfect one!  This room has been a labor of love a slow labor of love as we are now going on 4 years of living in our house, but as I look at it, I can honestly say it was worth the wait to make it just perfect.
My neighbor gave me this chandelier,  they found it in a storage shed and no one wanted it….except me.  It was just what I was looking for and the perfect fit for this space.  (full post here)
My open shelves have done wonders for this space.  It is so amazing that removing the cabinet and putting open shelves here would make that big of a difference but it did!  (Full post and tutorial here)
I love the look of upholstered chairs, but they are just not very practical with children.  So I made these skirts to cover the seats.  They are made from a drop cloth so if they get dirty I just throw them in the washer and they are as good as new.  The other 4 chairs I found and made wood seats for them (tutorial here)

And last but not least and the icing on the cake is this beautiful sign.  I had been looking for the perfect something or other for this space.  This sign by HomeSpun Signs was the perfect touch.  I love the inspiring quote, it is perfect for our home!

You can follow me here:

1. Heather Black
    November 10, 2015 at 9:06 pm

I absolutely love white and the turquoise pops are gorgeous! I love your space! The quote from Thomas S. Monson is perfect too. I am going to look into buying one. You have done a beautiful job.

2. Stephanie Watkins
    November 11, 2015 at 12:26 am

Stunning!! I absolutely adore your dining room Brooke! Thank you for linking up to the Your Home Decor and More link party. Pinning and Sharing your post!

3. Ivanahc1
    November 14, 2015 at 6:40 pm

Thank you so much! I get so tried of looking at wild colors and rough dirty looking wood. This is beautiful, finished and lovely.

4. Kimberly Lewis
    November 15, 2015 at 7:15 pm

This is perfect! Pinned and tweeted. We appreciate you taking the time to party with us! I hope to see you on Monday at 7 pm, so we get to see your fabulous new creations. The party goes until Friday at 7 pm. Happy Sunday! Lou Lou Girls

5. Kristie K.
    November 16, 2015 at 5:13 am

This is gorgeous! I love white kitchens. And those seat covers are a great idea!

6. Ericka Munday
    November 17, 2015 at 4:35 am

What are the dimensions of your beautiful tabletop? It's stunning.

7. Stacey
    November 23, 2015 at 1:43 pm

This is just beautiful! Love the whole kitchen! Pinned. 🙂

8. Iris Watts
    December 1, 2015 at 3:41 am

This is such a beautiful space, Brooke! I can't believe nobody wanted that chandelier, but hey it went to the best owner it could!

9. Jennifer
    July 13, 2017 at 12:21 pm

This is very lovely and inviting! What is the paint color?

10. Jennifer
    July 13, 2017 at 12:23 pm

Absolutely gorgeous and inviting! ! What is your paint color?