Homeschooling is not something I ever thought I would be doing. When COVID hit I am sure many of you felt this way. I created a homeschooling room that could be transitioned to a homework station.
One of the main things I was struggling with was how unorganized our home was when it came to homeschooling. I felt like every room ended up being a mess with the kids and their stuff taking over everywhere. Now that my kids are back in school I have transitioned this room to our homework station instead.
How to Create an Easy DIY Homeschooling Room or Homework Station
- Finding a space - I wanted a space that was central making it easier to monitor what was going on. Turning our office into a homeschooling room and homework station was the perfect spot for that.
- Design the space - Provide a big enough space for kids to do an art project. Have enough storage so everything has a place. Make sure there is enough room for you or the teacher to stand next to the child to help them with their work.
Having everything in one place has helped things run smoother.
Functional Desks for Homework Station
When looking for a homeschooling room desk here are a few things to consider.
- Find something durable you don't have to worry about with kids.
- The desk top is large enough to have several books and papers out
- The top is smooth
- Storage so everything can be put away
Check out these desks on Amazon. They met every requirement. I love the simple design, they are so sturdy. The top is smooth and a laminate so they are easy to clean. To create this look I bought 2 desks and pushed them together.
Small Storage and Organization for Homeschooling Room
- A chalkboard is great for teaching or even putting the schedule up on. View one here.
- Seagrass basket for pens, pencils, scissors, glue and whatever else we needed. Having everything in a basket it made it easy to access and clean up.
- Rope baskets for the desk shelves. The deeper baskets were perfect to hold paper and binders. The smaller baskets are used for headphones, reading books and any other small items they needed.
Decor for Homeschooling Room or Homework Station
I kept the decor in this room simple. A cute, clean room can help set to tone for the day. The last thing I wanted was for decor to be in the way.
Shop this Post here
I kept this space simple, but still create an area that my kids can hopefully learn in.
Shop this Post here
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.