Holy WOW!! It is week 3 of the One Room Challenge! AND… I am in love with my new bathroom tiles! Last week we talked about getting ready for tile, which means this week was all about tile installation. Whether you are a pro or a newcomer, laying tile is no easy feat, but it IS possible to do on your own. Let me share a few of my tips for laying these gorgeous bathroom tiles.
Tips for Installing Bathroom Tiles
- Before I began to install the tile, I did go one step further with the waterproofing and applied Red Gard. It’s better to do a little extra work rather than have any water damage down the road. That’s the red paint you see on the wall. This is a membrane that waterproofs sheetrock… or anything for that matter! You can find it at your local home store or on Amazon here.
- A great option for tile in the bathroom is this detailed lace marble tile from Jeffery Court with it’s subtle pattern. If you are wanting a design, but would prefer something simple while still exhibiting elegance, this is a perfect way to go! I just love it.
- When laying a tile with a pattern I like to keep the grout lines as thin as possible. I used 1/16″ spacers in between these tiles. Take your time to make sure you get everything spaced and leveled correctly before working up the wall or you may end up with all of your lines off.
- Another tip – use pre-mixed thin set! It is so much easier to work with.
- Incorporate patterns and textures! Since I am creating a white and grey bathroom, a little bit of pattern and detail can go a long way! The shower tiles are subtle, but beautifully detailed.
- Align your patterns correctly as well so the shapes are in the right spaces.
- For a bolder element, this Primrose Chapel pattern by Jeffery Court brings this floor to life and compliments the tiled wall nicely.
Together they work perfectly! I can’t wait to add the finishing touches to accent these gorgeous bathroom tiles.
You might also like…
Follow along with another bathroom remodel here.
Or this remodel here.