What reminds you of summer? For me it is citrus and homemade ice cream. Today I decided to combine the 2!
To create a fun centerpiece I rounded up some fun items from Walmart Home. Walmart has such fun summer items. You can find many of them in store and even more online. Here are some of my favorite citrus items from Walmart Home.
Shop my finds from Walmart Home here
Super Easy Summer Citrus Centerpiece
Now that we have found all of our items let's make a centerpiece. My favorite part about this centerpiece is you can use it anywhere. You bar, as a table centerpiece or even in an outdoor area.
- First I cut a few limes in half then I added whole and half lime to my apothecary jar. I then topped it off with some faux baby's breath
- I then added lemons to a clear vase I had in the house.
- Next I added in my favorite dishes from Walmart. They added just perfect pop of color. Plus, they make this centerpiece functional too. Now when the ice cream is done, we know where the dishes are.
- Lastly I added some lemon and orange stems to this darling white pitch. I topped it off with a few flowers as well.
I like to use dishes in my centerpiece so they are not only pretty but functional too. Let's put those bowls to work!
Now for the Homemade Ice Cream
Little buddy has been bugging me to make homemade ice cream since school was out. When I saw this cuisinart ice cream maker from Walmart Home I snatched it up. For our first time around we kept it simple and made vanilla.
It was surprisingly easy to make and oh so good. Here is the recipe we used:
Simple Vanilla Ice Cream
- Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¾ cup Sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- In a medium bowl whisk to combine the mi lk, sugar and salt until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla. Come and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours, or overnight
- Turn on the Cuisinart ice cream maker; pour the mixture into the forzen freezer bowl and let mix until thickened. About 15 to 20 minutes. If a firmer consistancy is desired transfer the ic cream to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours. Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving.
After the ice cream was done, we used the bowls from Walmart Home and added some fresh fruit. It was so good
Such a fun summertime activity!
Shop all sources here
This post was sponsored by Walmart, but all opinions are my own.