Staging, I should know better!

Staging, I should know better!

Decorating & Remodel, Furniture, Upholstery & Sewing

I refinished these beds awhile back and took these pictures (Yes, I was being lazy).  They look alright and really show the details of the beds.  However, they were not selling and there seemed to be no interest in them either.

Being a hobbyist photographer I should know that a picture most of the time sells an item, so I decided to be unlazy (is that even a word? spell check says it isn’t but I like it so it stays!)

I rearranged my front room and brought up the headboards!  I don’t have a queen mattress, so my girls and I gathered all (I mean ALL) of our pillows and stacked stacked stacked!

Wouldn’t you know I sold the Yellow one today, lets hope for the same on the blue one.  There has been lots of interest in it so far, FINGERS CROSSED!!

Lesson learned if I want to sell faster I need to take the time to stage my items!

1. Helen
    February 1, 2013 at 3:27 am

YAY on the sale! Yes, they look much better with little staging….but they still looked good before.
    You are making me want to do a headboard! Stop doing that : )

2. Magazine Your Home
    February 1, 2013 at 5:34 am

Congrats on selling your bed, I'm sure the other one will be gone soon. You did a beautiful job staging them, yes, it's all in the presentation.

3. Between Blue and Yellow
    February 1, 2013 at 1:59 pm

It IS all about the staging. I sell most of my items on Craigslist, and items tend to sell way faster if I stage them nicely. Beautiful headboards!

4. Connie
    February 1, 2013 at 10:53 pm

Absolutely made the difference … like frosting on a cake. Glad you had one sale and betting you have a second one very soon.

5. Pieced Pastimes
    February 1, 2013 at 11:05 pm

Staging does make a huge difference – night and day! Love both the headboards and the ruffly pillow in the last photo.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Suzanne

6. Crystal
    February 3, 2013 at 3:56 am

Congrats!! I know you will sell the blue one soon!

7. michele
    February 6, 2013 at 1:19 am

great pillow!

found you via FCC and we'd love to have you stop by when you have a moment!

smiles.