Retro Record Player Turned Shabby Chic Bench

Retro Record Player Turned Shabby Chic Bench

Before and After, Furniture, My Home
I do have a bit of a competitive side so I jumped at the chance to be part of this months Fab Furniture Flippin’ Contest.  When I heard that this months theme was Shabby Chic Storage I had just the project in mind.  Plus, it gave me a little motivation to get this record player out of my garage, which had been in there for at least a year!
Here it is before, retro right?

And here it is after!
If you have ever torn apart an old record player you know how long it takes.  These things were built so well it is a very long process to hallow them out, we are talking hours and hours, but it was worth it!
I wanted to make this record player into a bench to sit behind our computer, so I took off the old retro legs and added new bunt feet, making it the perfect height for a bench and adding a more shabby chic feel.

I pulled the record player out and lined the box with bead board for some awesome added storage for our office.  I think I will hide our printer in there!

The cubbies that used to house the speakers have also been lined with bead board and found these cute crates at Home Goods to slide right in.  Perfect fit!!

Since this piece is going in my office I wanted it to match the other pieces I had already redone.  I sprayed this bench with a custom mixed latex paint (I know I always say that) and then antiqued it with sand paper and glaze to bring out all the details.  I also top coated with with a spar urethane to help it hold up better against my kids.  As I imagine they will be climbing on it too!

Want to see all of the entries in the Fab Furniture Flipping Contest?  Head over to Thirty Eight Street or Ciburbanity, and don’t forget to visit this months sponsor Old Fashion Milk Paint
If you are interested in participating in future contests
contact Stacy ([email protected]) or Evey ([email protected]

1. Michelle @ Dandelion Patina
    June 10, 2015 at 2:44 pm

I love this piece! I am a beachy farmhouse kinda gal and my eye was drawn to this piece in the link ups for the Fab Furniture Flippin' Contest. Thank you so much for linking up. I will be pinning your piece to our FFFC board!

2. the cape on the corner
    June 10, 2015 at 5:23 pm

perfect! those bun feet make it such a match for your space and your style. i love mcm, but what a great vision you had for it.
    enjoy,
    b

3. Lanita Anderson
    June 11, 2015 at 1:09 pm

What a transformation…..oh my goodness!! It's beautiful and makes me wish I had an old record player cabinet! Thanks for sharing….am definitely pinning in case I come across one!
    Blessings,
    Lanita

4. Thirty Eighth Street
    June 11, 2015 at 3:40 pm

Brooke, Wonderful transformation! This bench has such character! I love adding feet to furniture. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you for participating in The Fabulous Flippin' Contest!

5. [email protected]
    June 11, 2015 at 11:37 pm

Love the transformation!!! Stunning piece!

6. [email protected]
    June 12, 2015 at 1:31 pm

What a beautiful piece! I wanna have it!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Looks super!

7. Kammy Wielenga
    June 16, 2015 at 2:14 am

Featuring this tonight! Can't even tell you how much I love it! ๐Ÿ™‚

8. [email protected]
    June 16, 2015 at 3:35 am

What a great re-purpose. Love the bun feet, love the lining. A LOT of work. Great look.

9. Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co.
    June 16, 2015 at 12:29 pm

Wow Brooke, this is an amazing transformation! Featured you at Be Inspired this morning. Thanks so much for sharing!

10. Kammy Wielenga
    June 17, 2015 at 3:35 am

This is one of the best projects I've seen lately. Beautiful job! I'm looking for an old record player since my kids' broke…. what did you do with that?? ๐Ÿ™‚ Oh, and I featured this on this weeks' Trash 2 Treasure Tuesday. ๐Ÿ™‚

11. Karen Marie Kedzuch
    June 23, 2015 at 5:57 pm

Great transformation on the stereo cabinet.
    Happy Creating, Karen Marie