Blog posts

My first attempt to upholster!

My first attempt to upholster!

Before and After, Furniture, Upholstery & Sewing
I found these chairs at the local thrift store.  They were $5 each so I decided to take them and give upholstering a try!



The caning on one of the chairs was broken so I had to recover the back of the chair too.  I love how they turned out.  I defiantly learned a lot I ripped the staples out a few times and redid them more than once.  But I did enjoy doing it and I will try again! Plus there is no sewing involved!  Everything is stapled to the chair!!  My kind of project!
The frame I painted with Annie Sloan’s Chalk paint and distressed it with some sand paper!


Join the newsletter

Subscribe to get our latest content by email.

Powered by ConvertKit

Join NOW!!

After all who doesn't love a FREE E-Course!!

About the author


  1. Sarah Yoder
    May 10, 2012 at 1:25 pm

    Wow! That looks beautiful! Nice work!

  2. ℳartina @ Northern Nesting
    May 11, 2012 at 1:40 am

    LOVE LOVE those chairs!!

  3. Elyse
    May 16, 2012 at 1:35 am

    Wow, great job! I would take a staple gun over a sewing machine anyday!

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.