Looking for a fun party treat that you can make yourself? Try out this monster cupcakes tutorial – it is so fun to make and they are pretty easy too! You can see my recipe below.
- Betty Crocker’s cake mix
- tin foil cupcake wrappers
- homemade buttercream frosting, or whipped frosting from the store
- gel dyes
- frosting bags
- Tips #4B and #233
Monster Cupcakes Tutorial
- Cupcakes – First of all, you will need to make your cupcakes. I like to use Betty Crocker’s recipe because they stay more moist in the middle. To get the perfect sized cupcake I spoon in about 3 tablespoons per cupcake cup. Also, my favorite cups to use are the tin foil ones, they look much nicer after they are cooked.
- Frosting – Once your cupcakes have cooled, you will need frosting. I made a buttercream frosting for mine, but you can use store-bought also. I like the whipped best because it isn’t quite as heavy. Once you have your frosting you will want to dye it. I use the gel dyes, you can buy them at most grocery stores. To get deep colors you will need LOTS of coloring, but be careful not to add too much or it will make your frosting taste yucky.
- Frosting Bags and Tips – Next, you will need frosting bags. I like to use the disposable ones so I can just throw them away when done. You will need Tip #4B for the blue monster and tip #233 for the orange monster.
- Cut a hole at the end or your frosting bag just big enough for your tip to fit through. Be careful not to cut the hole too big or the tip will fall out. Once your tip is in there good and tight you can add your frosting.
- For the blue monster – slowly squeeze frosting out and press down so the frosting will spread out around the tip. Once it has spread around pull your tip straight up to create a point. Repeat that all the way around the outside of the cupcake. Once the outside ring is complete make another ring on the inside and continue around until it is all filled in. Finally, add 2 eyes and you are done!
- Now for the orange monster – frost the cupcake first very lightly so you can have a base layer to stick to. As you push the frosting out through the tip slowly move around the cupcake creating loops and squiggles. If you want a straight haired monster, then start in the center and pull out creating straight stringy hair. Add 1 or 2 eyes and you will consequently have a very cute monster!
I hope you love this monster cupcakes tutorial. Happy Baking!
Here is the full Monster Party
You can see my other parties here:
After all who doesn't love a FREE E-Course!!