Entryway, What’s Your Story?

Entryway, What’s Your Story?

Decorating & Remodel, My Home

I have been asked to teach a class tonight on Entry Ways.  It took me a little by surprise but I am always up for a challenge!
“An entryway is an introduction.
Like the opening pages of a book, it leads us in and welcomes us to the world inside.”
~Rose Tarlow~
When I was deciding on how I wanted my entry way to be decorated there were a few elements I wanted in cooperated.  As the above quote states your entry way is the first glimpse and sometimes the only glimpse a person gets into your home and I wanted it tell our story.
First up my family.  I am one of those crazy ladies that always looks like a tourist because I  have a huge camera around my neck.  I have so many pictures I needed lots of area to display them.  My wall tells so much about our family from the pictures to the sayings.  It is the first thing you see when you enter our home!  There is even a missing picture, I am sure one of my girls took off with, even adds more to the story of our home.

Next is this picture of Christ.  My family gave it to Devin and I as our wedding gift.  I have always loved this picture and love the message it offers without words.

Christ is the center of our home, so it was important to me to have it in an area where all could see as a constant reminder.

Last up in this table full of all the fun things I run all over the place to collect and repurpose!  Everything on this table has some meaning to me and most of the items have a fun story of how or where I found it.

There is a glimpse of “our world inside” told at our front door!

1. Lauren McKim
    June 17, 2013 at 12:20 am

Love your entry way Brooke! What is the name and brand of the paint you have here?

2. Judy K
    February 11, 2014 at 1:42 pm

Love your entry and love the color on the wall. I would love for you to come and link this up tonight at my Winter Blues Wednesday party that opens at 8pm EST. Hope to see you there. http://diybydesign.blogspot.com

3. LeeLee W
    February 14, 2014 at 6:35 pm

Love your entry blue table…great job! Hello from furniture feature friday!

4. Ivy and Elephants
    February 15, 2014 at 7:38 pm

Ditto!!!! I love what you've done, your entry is welcoming and homey. I love it!
    You are invited to link with us at WIW, you are always welcome!
    New follower,
    Patti

5. Abby
    February 18, 2014 at 2:52 pm

Lovely entry way! It is so welcoming and personal, very very pretty!

6. Nellie's Cozy place
    February 21, 2014 at 3:20 am

Wow, that was an amazing transformation, I saw the before pic over at the blog who was featuring you, can't remember the name right now!! lol
    Very cozy, warm and welcoming. Definitely a very good first impression for anyone who enters your home. I too, believe that is a very important thing that makes a good impression for the Lord…….Was trying to see your picture of Jesus, what a nice gift to your hubby from your family.
    Lovely home hon,
    Blessings, Nellie

7. Aurora Goering
    January 4, 2015 at 3:26 am

What was the brand and paint color you used?

8. Aurora Goering
    January 4, 2015 at 3:27 am

What was the brand and paint color you used?