Wrapping presents can either make people very ornery or super excited. I must confess… gift wrapping is one of my favorite things to do around Christmas. There is something about placing gifts in gorgeous paper and topping with ribbons, bows and other accessories that makes me giddy with joy. I love to have the option of matching my Christmas gift packaging to the decor in my home. Gifts need to be wrapped regardless, so you might as well tie it into your home decor! (affiliate links)
Christmas Gift Packaging Tidbits
- Wrapping paper – I’m definitely more of a boxes over gift bag kind of person for Christmas. Something that I always do when I wrap my gifts is to use 2 different patterns of wrapping paper and 1 solid. You can get the red and white striped paper here, or here is another candy cane option that I love. I also have done gold patterns before and really love this set. Also, one thing you don’t want to forget is the tape! I use clear Scotch and it holds up great. I don’t really worry about paying extra for the special gift wrapping tape because it does the same job and blends in nicely.
- Ribbons – Another option I love for Christmas gift wrapping are the satin ribbons. They give me more of the vintage style that I love. I’ll take ribbons any day over a bow! You can shop my satin ribbon here
- Christmas word cutouts – Something else I have used in the past is tying on my small holiday cutout words to gifts. I love doing something unique and adding word cutouts or another object is a fun way to change it up. My small Christmas words come unfinished in bundles of 5 and you can get them here.
- Gift tags – If you know me well, you know that I just love anything vintage. I’ve used these cute tags before and I love the look on my packages. Plus, you can get a bunch of these for super cheap, so they’ll probably last a couple seasons. Or you can use them for neighbor gifts as well.
The Perfect Christmas Wrapping
(with affiliate links)
- Candy cane striped wrapping paper
- Red and white reversible wrapping paper
- Gold and while polk-a-dot wrapping paper
- Gold patterned wrapping paper
- Red glittered wrapping paper
- Gold polk-a-dot ribbon
- Red and white twine
- Red satin ribbon
These are some of my favorites to use and I hope you’ll love them too! Happy wrapping!
After all who doesn't love a FREE E-Course!!