Well, let’s be honest here, I hate to go grocery shopping. It takes all day, and then I end up cleaning out the fridge and cupboards so everything will fit. Plus, I was finding when I went to the store for just one meal or one thing I left with SO SO much more. So it was actually costing us more money. That’s when I started to just do Bi-Weekly grocery shopping. I have found that if I plan out my meals not only do I buy less, but it also gets rid of the dreaded “what am I going to make for dinner” every night. I don’t have a specific day I cook I specific meal, I just have a list of the meals I bought stuff for. Depending on what is going on that night I can plan accordingly.
I am not a wonderful cook, probably because I don’t like it and I cook everything on high because I don’t like to stand there forever… ha ha. My husband often reminds me there are other setting on the stove. I also try to eat somewhat healthy so I try to balance my meals with a meat, carb and veggie. I do limit myself on the carbs, but my kids sure do love them and need the energy.
Here is my my list (print here)
|Ham Fried Rice||Egg Drop Soup||Egg Roll|
|Loaded Baked Potato||Chili and Cheese||Steamed Broccoli|
|Chicken Tacos||Rice and Beans||Salad|
|Cashew Chicken||Rice||Steamed Asparagas|
|Cornflake Chicken||Pasta salad||Steamed peas|
|Ham Steak w/Evaporated Milk||Mashed Potatoes||Steamed Broccoli|
|Beef Stew||Corn Bread||Carrots in the stew|
|Steak||Steak fries||Steamed Asparagas|
- Ham fried rice recipe here
- Loaded baked potato – I just put potatoes in my insta pot for 25 minutes with a cup of water in the bottom. I warm up 2 cans of chili and stem broccoli. I pull out butter, sour cream, and shredded cheese and my kids can make it how they please. I do require them to eat broccoli though.
- Enchilada’s – We really like this recipe here
- Chicken Tacos – recipe coming soon
- Cashew chicken recipe here
- Cornflake chicken – I just dip the chicken into mixed up eggs and then in to smashed up cornflakes until they are covered. Bake on 350 for 25 minutes or until done
- Ham Steak with Evaporated milk – place a ham steak in a frying pan and pour evaporated milk over it. Cook for about 10 minutes or until done. Turning it every few minutes. This is one of my kids favorite meals and it is so easy
- Beef Stew – recipe coming soon
- Chili – Homemade recipe also coming soon.
- Ribs – my husband smokes these and they are so delicious. I get the recipe for these soon too.