An Update on My Living Room Turned Office

An Update on My Living Room Turned Office

Before and After, My Home
I was looking through my blog and I realized my living room/office has changed so much since I last took pictures of it and so here is a little tour!
Our living room in previous homes never served a purpose except to collect dust.  When we were on the hunt for a house a living room was not on our wish list, but this house had so many other things we wanted we decided to turned it into our office.  I was a bit nervous designing this room,  I wanted it to be elegant but functional and NOT scream HOME OFFICE every time I opened the door.
Here is a little refresher on the BEFORE:
Welcome to our HOME!!
I wanted our Entry way to tell our story to whoever came to the front door.  The items displayed all have a story behind them or represent who we are!  You can read the full post here.

This cute little chest was given to use by my mother in law at our wedding.  Her father made it from old barn wood, isn’t it so cute?  It used to be red and ever since I refinished it she keeps trying to take it back, it may just be gone one day!

My awesome husband found this desk, it is a HUGE 6 foot HEAVY BEASTLY desk, that took 4 guys to get it in and they even took out my floor in the process.  It was so big I refinished it right there, and I don’t intend on ever moving it, good thing I love it!

You may remember my hutch I refinished not too long ago (post here)…here is where is sits and I still love it!  It is my favorite piece and makes me smile every time I see it!  I had family over for dinner and I felt so grown up when I said to my mom, “will you please get the nice china out of the hutch.”  LOL right?!?!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!!

TGIF
Sunday:
Monday:
Tuesday:
Coastal Charm
Wednesday

1. Suzan Sweatman
    September 21, 2013 at 3:10 am

What a gorgeous entryway and your office looks absolutely perfect where it is – I never would have thought of doing that – but WOW it looks like it was meant to be like that forever!
    Beautiful job!
    LOVE your paint colors ๐Ÿ™‚
    XOXO

2. theshabbycottagehome
    September 21, 2013 at 3:46 am

What a beautiful home,love your taste, and your collage on the wall.

Katie

3. Yvonne Urra-Bazain
    September 21, 2013 at 6:47 am

Such a beautiful space! ๐Ÿ™‚ How interesting that your entryway opens into your office to the left. =D I need to read further into your blog to get the big picture of your layout! =D

4. Cassie @ Primitive & Proper
    September 21, 2013 at 11:05 am

it looks so good! i really love the wall color!

5. Crystal
    September 21, 2013 at 6:50 pm

It's beautiful!! I love the desk!!! I can see why your mother-in-law wants that chest back. It's stunning. You did a great job of refinishing it!! I love the colors too!! Loving it all!!

6. Susan D
    September 22, 2013 at 2:06 am

Wow! Your photos look like they were from a magazine! The entry and office are amazing! What color did you paint the walls–I love it.

7. Shabby chic Sandy
    September 22, 2013 at 5:25 am

Wow–it looks great! What a great job you have done ๐Ÿ™‚

8. The Domestic Fringe
    September 22, 2013 at 8:06 pm

I love it! I think it's great when people make their homes their own and use spaces for their unique purposes instead of how they "should" be used. Makes more sense that way. In fact, we've rearranged a few rooms in our house to do just that.

~FringeGirl

9. Ellya Brill
    September 23, 2013 at 2:54 am

Beautiful home and beautiful office!

Ellya

10. Kathryn Ferrie
    September 23, 2013 at 3:04 am

Wow! Beautiful makeover! I love the plank wall in the hallway and your decor is just beautiful! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!

11. Angela
    September 23, 2013 at 5:59 pm

Beautiful! I love how that turned out. You have amazing taste!!!

12. Kayla Janachovsky
    September 23, 2013 at 11:32 pm

Wow! It looks amazing! Don't forget to link up to The DIY'ers. http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-diyers-30.html

13. Rebekah
    September 24, 2013 at 5:46 am

Stopping by from Kathe with an E's party! I just LOVE your style. It is so similar to the things I like. I really love the colors, and the white makes it all pop. I like how you painted the background to your cabinets in a teal color also. Beautiful home! ~Rebekah from weliveinspired.

14. the cape on the corner
    September 24, 2013 at 6:06 pm

my goodness, that's some after! love your wall color!

15. Chubby Chieque
    September 24, 2013 at 7:42 pm

Hi Brooke,
    I guess, this is my first visit in your home. Shame I did not find you b4 but it is not too late to stroll over your place. Lots to drool for.

OMG! how I wish I have this space. It seems your office is as big as the whole house I have, LoL*

Lovely and it's absolutely FABULOUS transformation.

Greetings from Stockholm,
    /CC girl

16. Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
    September 24, 2013 at 8:33 pm

WHat a absolutely gorgeous space! I love everything you have done, thank you for linking up.

17. Christy James
    September 24, 2013 at 10:30 pm

Gorgeous, Brooke! What a difference from the before. I love the gallery wall too ๐Ÿ™‚

18. White Whimsy
    September 24, 2013 at 11:22 pm

Love the transformation! Such a lovely room and functional as well.

19. Robin Buster
    September 25, 2013 at 12:39 am

What a welcoming space! You did a great job keeping it from screaming home office. Thank you for sharing this on this weeks Creative Muster. Now that you found our party I hope that you'll continue to join us every Tuesday evening. Pinned

20. Seaweed and Raine
    September 25, 2013 at 6:30 am

What a huge difference. It looks gorgeous (not quite my personal style – but I recognise style when I see it!) That cute little chest works brilliantly!
    Sheree

21. Denise Stain
    September 25, 2013 at 5:59 pm

I LOVE that creamy chest and the suitcase you have on top! Beautiful! I'm co-hosting the Creative Muster party this week and had to drop by to check out your link! Thanks for sharing at the party!

22. marty (A Stroll Thru Life)
    September 25, 2013 at 8:35 pm

Wow, stunning makeover. I love it, such a fabulous space. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

23. Kathryn Ferguson Griffin
    September 27, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Adore your entryway! You are one of the features at the Anything Blue Friday party at The Dedicated House. Pop on over and grab a feature button for your blog. Here is the link to this week's bash. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2013/09/anything-blue-friday-week-27.html Hope to see you again at the little blue soiree. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

24. Karen @ A Stylish Interior
    September 30, 2013 at 11:32 pm

Wow! I just love your floors and how you transformed your living room into a bright and airy office! Very tastefully done! I would really love for you to share this post on Friday at Stylish Friday Finds! I love a good makeover and so do my readers ๐Ÿ™‚
    Have a stylish day!
    Karen

25. Thanaa' Ra'ifah Maroun
    October 19, 2013 at 8:16 am

Looks so good nd feeling so happy to see your interior designs.Thank you for sharing this.