I’ve said it before and I will say it again, Christmas tree decorating is one of my favorite things about the holidays. However, I realize that many people do not have the budget they want to create that perfect Christmas tree. Trust me when I say that in those first few years of marriage, I wasn’t able to decorate how I wanted either! Some things it takes years to acquire or some years things may need to be made or traded. I’ve had years where thrift shops have been my go-to, and that is perfectly ok! A while back I created a dollar Christmas tree. This tree was created using ornaments and decor bought at the Dollar store or other places for under a buck. Some were purchased the day after Christmas when everything is discounted. I want to show you it is possible to create a beautiful Christmas tree when you have a limited budget.
Dollar Christmas Tree Finds
- Snowflakes at the Dollar Store – These snowflakes I bought from the Dollar Tree. At the time it was 10 for $1, though I believe the pricing hasn’t changed much! I then glittered them for added appeal. You can see this tutorial here!
- Tinsel and garland strands can also be picked up for a buck at the dollar store. These are easy to hang and great fillers!
- Birds – I love birds! I happened to find these gold birds at Walmart for $.98. Score!
- Classic ornaments – The dollar store has a plethora of traditional ornaments if you are okay going with a classic look. They have plenty of colors, but most are similar sized.
- Berry fillers – I have found berry branches for around a buck at the dollar store or they will even go on sale and be incredibly discounted at places like Hobby Lobby. These require a little more effort looking and may be more spendy depending on how many you want.
- Tree toppers: Dollar store also has classic stars and angels for tree toppers that are a dollar.
- My big red ornaments used to be orange, as to why they are so cheap! I spray painted them and then added glitter to get my desired effect!
I love my dollar Christmas tree! There are many options you can do if you use a little creativity! And the best part is that it doesn’t break the bank in the process. Happy decorating!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
After all who doesn't love a FREE E-Course!!