Refinished Pedestal Table

Refinished Pedestal Table

Before and After, DIY & Crafts, Furniture
This cute little pedestal table was sitting in my backyard in disarray, patiently waiting for me to do something with it. And if you think she is ugly… just wait until you see the after of this amazing refinished pedestal table.
Refinished pedestal table
TADA!
DIY Refinished Pedestal Table

Before and After- Pedestal Table
I refinished this table for an amazing cake decorator Marcia at Sweet Cravings. You need to check out her cakes! I am always amazed at her creativity! Don’t you think a cake will look beautiful on this table!
Before and After- Pedestal Table

Refinished Pedestal Table

First, I opted to paint the bottom of this table with a custom cream latex. I wanted to place specific emphasis on the gorgeous details of the wood. So I used an oil based glaze for the finish. Ahhh… the glaze sure brings out all the fun lines and accents of this table!
Furniture Project- refinished pedestal table
And look at that pop of beautiful grain on the top of this table! To get this look I mixed Minwaxes Dark Walnut and Fruitwood. It makes this grains so rich.

Pedestal table stained
I feel like you often see either very dark stains or very light stains. Something I really love about this table is that the color choice is a middle-grade. Not too dark, and still light enough to see the details of the wood.

Pedestal table stained
The finish turned out absolutely great!

Furniture flip- pedestal table

This refinished pedestal table turned out fabulous! If you are contemplating a furniture refinish project, do it!

1. Leisa
    April 15, 2015 at 11:47 pm

I love the colors you chose! I've been wanting to redo my kitchen table and chairs in this look. These pictures of this table sold me on it!! You did a beautiful job, as always!!

2. Marie Blackburn
    April 16, 2015 at 2:23 pm

Very nice makeover Brooke! I would be running down the street screaming at the top of my lungs if I saw a snake in my yard (foreign in these parts). Don't blame you for not wanting to spend time in that area of your yard.

3. Liz Thomas
    April 16, 2015 at 2:35 pm

Oh Brooke, I love how this table turned out and it looks so pretty in the garden, I'd be tempted to keep it, too!! Unfortunately I couldn't relax sitting out there with even the possibility of a snake nearby!! Last spring I had a water moccasin in my courtyard, which is fenced in area to keep the deer out of my plantings. Since I have a solid wood fence, I have snake proofed it for this year, no holes in the fence, no gaps in the gates, etc. My heart goes out to you as it's impossible to do the same with chainlike fencing. Thank you for sharing the beautiful and inspiring work that you do.

4. JP
    April 16, 2015 at 4:06 pm

It turned our lovely, Brooke!
    JP

5. mpallen28
    April 20, 2015 at 2:13 pm

Hi Brooke:

I have a table just like it I want to refinish for my smallish dining room. If you have time, I'd love to know more about the glaze you used over the base. If mine could turn out as beautifully as yours, it would be heaven!

Thanks a million!

Mary Pat

6. Mary Vitullo
    April 26, 2015 at 10:53 am

What a great makeover. It does looks so pretty sitting there. Is "Fruitwood" a new color in the Minwax line? I've never heard of it before.
    Mary @ Orphans With Makeup

7. Kammy Wielenga
    April 28, 2015 at 1:54 am

My 8 year old son read this post and thought the snake story was great! Yeah, I'm not a fan of snakes here either. LOVELY table and I'm glad you were brave enough to photograph it in the "jungle" – it is just gorgeous! Featuring on Trash 2 Treasure tonight. 🙂

8. Valerie Ott
    May 4, 2015 at 12:43 am

Oh my gosh, what an amazing transformation!