This is my favorite time of year! I love the warm spring weather and I always get so excited to decorate my spring front porch. This year is especially fun for me since my house is now white!! See how I did it here. One of my favorite things about having a white house is it is the perfect backdrop for my decor and I love the texture white brick adds! So take a look at my tips for how to make the most of your spring front porch decor.
Tips for Spring Front Porch Decor
- Acquire seating options. This can be in the form of a bench, chairs, or even gliders. Since our house faces east you will often find us on our porch on warm nights in the summer. These rocking chairs are perfect for a nice, peaceful evening! When you have seating on your porch your home looks more inviting.
- Place decor on your front door. These can be in the form of wreaths – floral, greenery, letters, or also wooden cutouts. I love my green one here. There are so many options! Any type of fun, seasonal sign that will draw attention to your entry is a great choice. Due to a massive influx of friendly, neighborhood solicitors, I also just created this new No Soliciting sign that is going up on my door!
- Use planters. Planters are the perfect way to bring in flashes of color and greenery. I got some new planters from Birch Lane this year to match my decor. I love these big resin pots. They also match my roof and flagstone planter areas. Don’t those colors just pop against the white background of the house?
- Add in some smaller decor items, such as this lantern from Birch Lane. Lanterns are a great way to add in some design elements that are great options for inside or outside. And you can add fillers inside during the holidays for more color.
- Use a door mat. These are dual purpose! Stylish while serving practicality for eliminating that mess from entering your home. This simple welcome mat from Birch Lane both elegant and practical.
I even got an extra pot to put in the corner of our porch to help pull the color onto the porch!
I also love my other set of chairs on the opposite end of my porch as well. They are great for small spaces.
- Use hanging pots or planters. These hanging planters from Birch Lane are one of my all time favorites! I especially love the shape of them and they add the perfect hint of brown.
- And of course, I recommend adding in some small trees, plants and flowers to really bring pops of color to make your porch stand out. These trees and these are very pretty and bring out a lot of green.
And don’t forget that a small potted plant like this one is also gorgeous for setting on a table on your porch!
I love decorating a spring front porch! But most of all, I hope these tips will help you to create that amazing spring porch to enjoy as the warmer weather begins to arrive.
This post is sponsored by Birch Lane but all opinions are my own!
You might also like…
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
After all who doesn't love a FREE E-Course!!