As some of you may know, I recently painted the front of my house white. You can see that here. It turns out that this was the perfect choice of color to accompany my theme of a black and white Halloween front porch. Not intentional, but just love it! I also absolutely love to decorate for Halloween and what better way than to display your front porch with cute festivities for all to see?! Seriously though… why are all the really fun decorating holidays in the freezing cold months? Go figure! If you feel like tackling your front porch decor might be out of your comfort zone…never fear! I have some easy tips that’ll turn you into a master!
Decorating Your Halloween Front Porch
- Picking a theme is always a tried and true recipe for getting your decor to be functional. I love the black and white, like I mentioned before. And since orange is widely used for this time of year, I really wanted to try something different. Pick a color that isn’t typical for a Halloween display and I think you’ll find it looks just as good! I also really love the rustic, family friendly Halloween look.
2. I also love to add in sayings. It’s amazing what a few key words or phrases will bring to your decor. I incorporated this beautiful metal pumpkins sign- by The Simply Inspired Shop.
I also put up this sign, I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers- Currently Chic, where my large hello and gather cutouts usually go. It fits right in with my theme and brings that rustic, country style to my front porch. And really, it would be a sad place if we didn’t have the month of October! I added a few of our bats as well. You can get yours here
3. Pillows and throws are an easy, functional way to change up your decor while also serving practicality. I got these Mud cloth pillows by With Lavender and Grace and they accent my porch beautifully.
4. Pumpkins are also a great way to go for any fall decor. I added in my colored fall pumpkins while also using these Fabric Pumpkins by Peek Pillow Originals . I absolutely love these fabric pumpkins! They are so cute for a Halloween front porch and the patterns are so fun. Bringing in texture and patterns are great for outdoor use as well!
5. And one thing I can’t forget to share is that sometimes, the best decor is shown in the small details. These Trick or Treat Boho Beads by The Pickled Rose are some of my favorites to accent with. You may have seen them in other rooms of my house! I also have them in my new living room and they are the perfect touch of color.
6. Lastly, adding in that element of traditional spookiness really completes the whole ensemble of a Halloween front porch. I placed my spider web (get yours here) on my front door- I have a few different options of word choices, but I love the spooky! I also added the classic element of Halloween bats. These are so fun and you can put them up anywhere! If you are looking for a fun, new twist on your Halloween front porch, try some of these ideas out! Tying in classic elements with new twists really make the perfect display.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
After all who doesn't love a FREE E-Course!!