Creating gallery walls are one of my favorite ways to decorate. A gallery wall is a great way to include things you love to tell a story and yet create a work of art in the process. They are so simple to create that anyone can do it, but a good eye for balance is very helpful. The only items you need are things that can be found around your house, or items that are important to you. Take a look at my round up of gallery walls below!
Hallway Gallery Wall
This wall is one of my very favorites. I wanted a fun wall to share a little bit about my family and some things I love.
- The flash card is what makes up our family 2 parents + 3 kids.
- The L is for Larsen.
- The little white frame says “you make me happy”.
- There are sheets of music in the round frames because my girls love to sing.
- The pallet “always be thankful” serves as a reminder.
- The shutter was my husband’s great grandma’s.
Bedroom Gallery Wall
Gold Frame Gallery Wall
Family Gallery Wall
I wanted to add some fun family photos to our home. To bring all the family photos together, since they were all taken different places I printed them black and white.
Other Gallery Walls
Take a look at this other gallery wall designed by Tammy from Our Burlap Cottage. The balusters are available in the shop and are a great accent for a gallery wall. They can be purchased here. They are available in black, white, unfinished, or distressed vintage.
- A good eye for balance is very helpful. Placement of objects in proportion to each other is important if you don’t want imbalance.
- Use items that are different sizes and dimensions, as well as texture.
- Incorporate sayings as well as solid objects.
- Don’t be afraid to add a pop of color.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
After all who doesn't love a FREE E-Course!!