I love how this orb light looks in our kitchen. It is just the right amount of rustic for this space. Our kitchen cabinets are the same cream color as this light so it pulls the cream out of kitchen perfectly!
I am pretty sure this the the 4th light fixture for this spot, we have been looking for the perfect light fixture and I am happy to say we finally found it. The first light was a tiffany style light that looked like a bowl of fruit (totally not my style), the next light was a $60 chandelier I found at Costco, next was my vintage chandelier I got for free. If I am being honest I loved that light fixture, however my husband really hated it. So I told him to find another one and maybe we could change it out. This was his first choice and I LOVED it too.
How to install an Orb Light over your table
- First decided how low you want it to hang. When we were installing this light over our table we made sure this light was between 30″ to 34″ above our table, just high enough to be out of the way!
- Remove the excess chain and wire. This can be a pain, we had to use STRONG metal cutters to cut the chain down to size.
- Now it is time to install the light. Make sure the power is off and you have a helper. You will need one person to hold the light and another to install it. (follow manufacturers installation instructions)
- Connect your wires and screw the fixture to the ceiling. Make sure and check it is holding well before you let go of your fixture!
- Flip your power back in and TADA you have a new light!
Shop the House
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
After all who doesn't love a FREE E-Course!!