Dandelion Hand Painted Dresser
Do you remember my first dandelion hand painted dresser? Here is a refresher just incase you don’t, you can find the full post here
I will start out by saying I am NOT an artist. So my first dandelion hand painted dresser took me awhile to get all the dimensions right, figure out placements and figure out the easiest way to paint a dandelion. Once I finished it I couldn’t part with it, but it was so popular when I brought the dresser below home my husband said…”why don’t you do dandelions on this dresser too?” He has great ideas sometimes! (I took before pictures…but they have disappeared which makes me so sad)
Since this dresser has 4 drawers instead of 3 I had to figure out how to cover the top drawer without making my dandelions look too big, wild and out of place. A blowing dandelion was the perfect solution and it made it different from my original chest.
The wood grain is beautiful on this dresser which is the perfect back drop for these dandelions. I painted the frame of this dresser with Benjamin Moore’s White Dove and lightly distressed the edges. I stained the front of the drawers with Jacobean by Miniwax. I sealed this piece with a waterbased polyurethane it seems to hold up the best against my kids. I used glass knobs as to not cover up the dandelions too much.
I did replace the top of this dresser. There was some water damage and the veneer was peeling, I tried to salvage the old top but peeling the veneer off but it was going to be a very time consuming job, so I decided to replace it instead. At Lowe’s they carry pine panels that are already joined together (here). So all I had to do was cut it down to the size, route the edges, paint it and reattach it.
And I just love these caster wheels! They add so much character and charm to this little dresser.
I love how this hand painted dandelion dresser turned out! It sold at my last vintage market!
After all who doesn't love a FREE E-Course!!