Bright and Cheery Desk Makeover

Bright and Cheery Desk Makeover

I always get excited when I get to do a custom order with a fun color.
 I am a little hesitant to do a bright color on my own, however I do always love how they turn out.
This desk is for a friend of mine’s daughter. They wanted it bright and cheery just like her room!
I think it will fit perfect!  I used glass knobs on this piece to add a little detail but I didn’t want the knobs to compete with the fun color.
I used Pratt and Lambert’s Myth of Old, I then used a brown glaze to bring out the details.  This piece top coated with a Poly Acrylic in satin!
I like to use Poly Acrylic on pieces that get more wear and tear.  A Poly offers a little more protection than a wax.

I love how bright and cheery this desk is, maybe it will make doing homework a little more fun?!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!
Linking Here:

Coastal Charm

Miss Mustard Seed

1. Candy S
    October 18, 2013 at 11:51 pm

I love this Pratt and Lambert color. Just beautiful! I would be glad to do my homework at this desk. I might even be willing to go back to school so I could have some homework just so I could use this desk. I am your newest member. I am looking forward to seeing what you are doing on your next post. Thank you for sharing! ….Candy

2. ℳartina @ Northern Nesting
    October 20, 2013 at 1:29 am

LOVE IT!!

3. Denyse @ Glitter, Glue, Paint
    October 24, 2013 at 1:24 am

The desk is very bright and cheery but how fun it would be to sit at. Thanks for sharing at Throwback Thursday.

4. Jen @ Girl in the Garage
    October 24, 2013 at 3:24 am

Beautiful job- I love the bright blue! I'm sure your friend's daughter loves it too. It would definitely keep her awake to do her homework. 😉 Thank you for sharing this at Throwback Thursday- pinning!

5. Alli Smith
    October 24, 2013 at 11:33 am

Love that pop of blue! Great job. Thanks for sharing at Throwback Thursday.

6. marty (A Stroll Thru Life)
    October 24, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Oh I love the color, so fun. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

7. Kathryn Ferguson Griffin
    October 25, 2013 at 2:16 am

Brooke, it's so pretty! You will be one of the features tomorrow at the Anything Blue and Pink Friday party. Hope to see you again at the little soiree. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse